The material on www.stepslaw.com.au is produced by Steps Law. It is intended to provide general information in summary form on legal topics, current at the time of first publication. The contents do not constitute legal advice and should not be relied upon as such. Formal legal advice should be sought in particular matters.
If you use this website, you are agreeing to be bound by the terms and conditions listed below and any other laws or regulations which apply to this website. If you do not accept these terms and conditions, you must refrain from using this website. Steps Law reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions from time to time. Amendments will be effective immediately upon notification on this website. Your continued use of this website following such notification will represent an agreement by you to be bound by the terms and conditions as amended.
Content on the Site
All Content is for informational purposes only and is to be used or relied on at your own risk. We make no warranty or representations as to the accuracy of the Content.
You agree and acknowledge that there may be technical or administrative errors in the Content.
We reserve the right to correct any errors in the Content and on the Site without any notice to you.
Intellectual Property Rights Statement
All intellectual property rights in this website, including design, text, graphics, logos, icons, the selection and arrangement thereof, sound recordings and all software relating to this website, belong to or are licensed by Steps Law. These intellectual property rights are protected by Australian and international laws.
You are permitted to print one hard copy of the material on this website for non-commercial use, research, criticism or review.
Subject to the conditions prescribed under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) and similar legislation which applies in your location, you may not in any form or by any means copy, adapt, reproduce, store, modify, distribute, print, upload, display, perform, publish, post, frame within another website or create derivative works from any part of this website or commercialise any information obtained from any part of this website without Step Law’s prior written consent.
This website may contain links to other websites. Those links are provided for convenience only and may not remain current or be maintained. Steps Law is not responsible for the content or privacy practices associated with those linked websites.
You must ensure that your access to this website is not illegal or prohibited by laws which apply to you.
You acknowledge and agree that:
- Steps Law does not provide any warranties with respect to the website and it is made available on an ‘as is’ basis
- Steps Law may withdraw availability of the website at any time without notice
- this website has been compiled by Steps Law based on general information. Changes in circumstances after publication may affect the completeness or accuracy of this information. It is your responsibility to assess and verify the accuracy, completeness and reliability of the information on this website, and to seek professional advice in relation to that information
- the information on the website is not, and is not intended to be, advice and you should not act or refrain to act on the basis of any of the material on this website without first satisfying yourself (including by obtaining independent advice) as to the truth or accuracy of all information given
- Steps Law maintains complete editorial control over the website and may alter, amend or cease the operation of the website at any time in its sole discretion
- the website will not operate on a continuous basis and may be unavailable from time to time, and
- you must take your own precautions to ensure that the process that you employ for accessing the website does not expose you to the risk of viruses, malicious computer code or other forms of interference which may damage your own computer or software.
Limitation of Liability
Subject to the following paragraphs, Steps Law is not liable for any loss or damage, however caused (including, but not limited to, by Steps Law’s negligence) suffered by you in connection with this agreement or your use of this website.
Except as contemplated by the following paragraph, nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to limit any of your rights under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
The liability of Steps Law for breach of any guarantee, to the extent permitted by law, is limited to supplying the services again or paying the cost of having the services supplied again.
You agree to indemnify Steps Law for all loss or damage, penalties, fines, expenses and costs (including legal costs) which arise out of or relate to your use of this website, any information that you provide to Steps Law via this website or any damage that you may cause to this website. This indemnification includes, without limitation, liability relating to copyright infringement, defamation, invasion of privacy and trade mark infringement.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
If you access this website in a jurisdiction other than Queensland, Australia, you are responsible for compliance with the laws of that jurisdiction, to the extent that they apply.
We may end the agreement arising from the Terms immediately for any reason by giving you written notice.
Where the agreement arising from these terms has been terminated you must immediately cease to use the Site.